Through a variety of publications, On Co-op informs its membership and the rest of Ontario about co-operative events, organizations and principles. Archives of these documents, as well as many others, can be found in our co-op resources area.
You can subscribe to the following e-Newsletters by using the "SUBSCRIBE" button on the top-right hand toolbar:
- The Co-op Current (On Co-op's monthly e-Newsletter)
- The DF Advisor (the newsletter of the Credit Union Directors of Ontario, or CUDO)
- The CYL Newsletter (On Co-op s newsletter targetted specifically to the Co-operative Young Leaders Program)
- The On Co-op e-Newsletter
- Program Brochures
- Annual Reports
- Guide to the Co-operative Corporations Act in Ontario
- Fact Sheet Series
- How-To Guides
- The Co-op Advantage
- The ICA's Blueprint for a Co-operative Decade
- CYL Newsletter and e-Bulletin
The On Co-op e-Newsletter
The On Co-op e-Newsletter contains news and information for and about Ontario's Co-operative and Credit Union sectors, sector stakeholders and champions. It generally features about 10-12 very short articles and a few sidebar features, and is sent out via email approximately every four weeks.
- To subscribe to the e-Newsletter, use the subscription box in upper right-hand toolbar above.
In September 2012 On Co-op launched a series of brand new corporate brochures showcasing our programs and services. These handy and informative documents will help you learn quickly about the services On Co-op offers. We have collected the documents here for you to quickly reference.
- Lifelong co-op learning: an overview of our education programs for youth, professionals, and co-operatives.
- Training & Consulting: outlines our fee-for-service activities like board training, workshop presentations, conference planning, and more. Visit the Training and Consulting page or contact our staff to learn more.
- Co-op Management Certificate Brochure: This revamped brochure invites you to take part in the acclaimed Co-operative Management Certificate Program presented in partnership with the Schulich School of Business.
- The CYL postcard: This short introduction to the Co-operative Young Leaders program provides some basic information about the program. Spread the word!
On Co-op has produced a report to its membership - the Annual Report - since being formed as a co-operative association in May 2002. The annual report is released at each year's Annual General Meeting (AGM). Copies of previous annual reports can be downloaded from this page.
Guide to the Co-operative Corporations Act in Ontario
Fact Sheet Series
How To Guides
On Co-op has produced a short series of How To Guides, including:
- Running Elections for Directors
- Holding Effective Board of Directors Meetings
- Running a Member's Meeting
- Running a Good Annual General Meeting
The Co-op Advantage
The Co-op Advantage magazine presents co-ops as a viable model for business, communities and public services, and celebrates the successes, durability and diversity of Ontario's co-operative sectors.
- Electronic versions may be downloaded in PDF format from our co-op resources area. The latest issue can be downloaded at the right of this page.
The ICA's Blueprint for a Co-operative Decade
The Blueprint for a Co-operative Decade is an ambitious project that builds on the achievements and momentum of the International Year of Co-operatives and the resilience of the co-operative movement since the great financial collapse. The goal of this campaign is to raise the profile of the co-operative sector world-wide by 2020—specifically, we hope for the co-operative model to become:
• The acknowledged leader in economic, social and environmental sustainability
• The model preferred by people
• The fastest growing form of enterprise
Co-operatives already make a significant contribution towards alleviating pressing global problems. But, with appropriate support and greater understanding and recognition, they could contribute much more. The challenge now is for the ICA, national bodies, provincial associations, sector groups and individual members to take this Blueprint forward into implementation.
The document itself, which can be found in full here, includes core strategies for the sector to pursue to make 2011-2020 a Co-operative Decade of confident growth.
CYL Newsletter and e-Bulletin
The CYL newsletter celebrates the magic of the Co-operative Young Leaders program. Filled with photos, articles and comments from all those involved in the program, this is a fun and energetic look at On Co-op's summer leadership and self-confidence building initiative.
Two or three times a year, On Co-op also sends out a brief e-Newsletter to those interested in CYL, youth engagement and youth development. There is something of interest to current and past participants, facilitators, sponsors, parents, co-ops and credit unions, and those interested in youth initiatives.