Through a wide range of events, publications and social media, On Co-op works to strengthen and enhance the knowledge and awareness of Ontario co-ops within and beyond the co-operative sector.
On Co-op hosts, facilitates and promotes events such as workshops, webinars, regional roundtables and conferences and the provincial Co-op Conference and Spirit Awards Ceremony. On Co-op maintains strong ties and relationships with Canada's other provincial co-operative associations, the Canadian Co-operative Association and the provincial and national credit union systems. On Co-op is part of the worldwide co-operative and credit union network, connecting Ontario co-ops to the global co-operative movement.
- Social Media
- Print and Electronic Publications
- Print and Electronic Resources
- Online Resources
- Events and Speakers
- On Co-op’s Facebook page allows us to share photos, stories and upcoming co-op events with you and your friends. Check out the photos in the 'Who do you recognize' area. Show your support for On Co-op and Ontario co-operatives by becoming our Facebook fan!
- Follow us on Twitter to get the latest news and reminders about upcoming co-op events.
- Follow us on LinkedIn!
PRINT AND ELECTRONIC PUBLICATIONS
- The On Co-op e-Newsletter features news and information for co-operators in Ontario and beyond. Special issues are distributed on an ongoing basis.
- The CYL e-Newsletter is produced annually each winter to showcase On Co-op's Co-operative Young Leaders (CYL) program.
- On Co-op issues news releases throughout the year on events and issues in the Ontario co-operative sector.
- We encourage co-ops, and sector stakeholders to forward all of their media releases to On Co-op for distribution through our networks.
PRINT AND ELECTONIC RESOURCES
- Looking for advice on how to run an AGM, board meeting, members' meeting or a board election? Check our our How-To Series! Follow this link to view or download the guides.
- FACTSheet series. Click this link to view a complete listing of all our available FactSheets, which you can also download for free!
Check out our links and resources page with connections to co-op research, co-op associations, relevant government agencies, co-ops in the media, great promotional videos, infographics and more!
- On Co-op has created the province's only searchable database of Ontario co-ops and credit unions. Search by keyword, city, name or postal code radius, or have the co-op's location mapped for you.
- Our co-op resources area includes educational material, co-op development and funding resources and co-operative document archives.
EVENTS AND SPEAKERS
- On Co-op facilitates training sessions, board development workshops and discussion groups, in person or electronically.
- The Association works with each of Ontario's co-op sectors to bring their individual members and associations together for development and networking sessions. On Co-op also provides board training and development sessions to organizations on a fee-for-service basis.
- On Co-op can provide staff, board members and sector representatives to: give talks or presentations, comment on specific issues in the news, talk about co-operative issues, or provide an introduction to the co-operative model.
- On Co-op can also provide young people, CYL facilitators, CYL participants, or others to speak about their experiences and help co-ops shape their own youth engagement or communication strategies.