Create a Co-op Video Challenge
To celebrate IYC and the launch of the All 4 Each high school curriculum project, On Co-op implemented the "Create a Co-op" challenge - open to anyone in Canada 25 years of age and younger. Now entering its fourth year, this Dragon's Den-type challenge aims to raise awareness about our amazing co-operative sector and encourage the social entrepreneurship of our youth.
Follow us on Facebook!
2016 Create-a-Co-op Launches
In partnership with Gay Lea Foods Co-operative, the fourth challenge is back after a two-uear haitus!
Anyone 25 years of age or younger is encouraged to submit a two-minute video pitch for a new co-operative business enterprise by the August 28th deadline. Videos will be posted to the All 4 Each Facebook page. The 3 videos with the most Facebook "likes" will be invited to pitch their ideas to a panel of judges in front of a live audience, at the On Co-op Annual General Meeting, taking place the morning of September 14, 2016 in Milton ON.
The first-place winner will receive a $1,000 cash award, and the two runners-up will each receive $500.
Rules and Regulations
1. You (and any fellow co-operators you name as part of your team) must be 25 years of age or younger.
2. On Co-op reserves the right to remove any videos we deem to be offensive, inappropriate, and/or not relating to this event.
3. The monetary prizes will be divided amongst members of any group who submits an idea. (i.e., Grand prize of $1,000 is the total amount awarded)
4. This event is open to all Canadian residents meeting the previously mentioned age requirements.
5. Should any entrant be found to be posting negative or offensive comments on another submission, or in any other way exhibiting bullying or underhanded behaviour, their video will be removed from the challenge. (We're co-operators, after all!)
6. When submitting your video, please list the names of all individuals involved in your Co-operative. If your idea is one of the prize winners, you will be asked to PRIOR to the finals how you would like the monies to be distributed amongst your group.