Apply for Membership
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of On Co-op. We appreciate your support. To apply for membership in On Co-op, simply follow the information on this page.
The information below is current for the fiscal year April 1, 2017 - March 31, 2018
APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP
- Complete and submit the Online Application Form. You will be asked for the following information:
- Contact details (including organization/workig group name, contact person, email etc)
- Business type (Co-operative, Working Group/Network, Individual, Other Organization)
- Business sector (Agriculture, Credit Union/Financial, Daycare, Energy, Housing, Health/Social, Insurance, Retail, Worker Co-op)
- Incorporation status (Incorporation Date, if applicable)
- Membership level. Please read through our current membership categories and choose appropriately.
- An organizational description (50-75 words or less). This is provided to the board for their consideration of your membership application, and displayed on the Find A Co-op Directory.
2. Board approval - The On Co-op Board of Directors will review your application at its next board meeting and your membership status will be confirmed by the Member Relations Manager or designate after the board has made its decision. The board may defer its decision to obtain additional information or to contact the applicant.
3. After your membership has been approved, a membership welcome and engagement package will be sent to you along with an invoice for dues.
CATEGORIES & DUES
To address the diversity of our members and the co-operative sector, we have three categories of affiliation: Member-owners, Friends and Associates. Our structure and dues are designed to recognize the varying stages of development and capacity of our membership to contribute to the sustainability and strength of the co-operative movement in Ontario. Co-operative organizations are encouraged to contribute within their means, while striving to become champions of the movement, while Friends and Associates are also encouraged to contribute what they can to provide a strong foundation for the movement to grow.
Co-op Champion $50,000 +
Co-op Leader $10,000 +
Co-op Booster $3,000 +
Co-op Supporter $500 +
Incorporated co-ops or federation/apex organizations
MOMO $500 +
Non Co-op $500 +
Other organizations or individuals wanting to contribute to the success of the movement in Ontario
Associate $500 +
This category is for service providers such as lawyers, accountants, consultants and contractors who join to offer our membership co-op friendly products and services.