Now in its 33rd year, the annual Directors' Forum is a highly unique professional development, education and networking conference and event, that is organized specifically BY credit union Directors FOR credit union and caisses populaires Board Directors. The scope of the Forum has broadened over the years to become a conference and webinar series open to directors from across the country. Credit unions often use the annual conference as a professional development opportunity for their board members, and to introduce director-candidates to credit union system issues. Credit union managers and staff generally do not participate in the Forum. Registered delegates may vote on issues that are presented during the Annual General Meeting. If a credit union or caisse populaire sends more than one paying director to the AGM, each participant is considered to be a delegate.
- IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!
- Registration Link
- 2017 Conference Rates
- 2017 Forum Information
- 2017 Banquet & Fundraiser
- 2017 DF Election
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!
FOR ANYONE WHO WILL REQUIRE OVERNIGHT ACCOMMODATIONS ON THE WEDNESDAY (SEPT. 27TH) OR THURSDAY (SEPT. 28TH), A SECOND BLOCK OF ROOMS HAS BEEN BOOKED AT THE RATE OF $269 + HST PER NIGHT. AVAILABILITY IS ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS, AND ONCE THE SECOND BLOCK IS FULL, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE ANOTHER DISCOUNTED RATE. (IN 2016, THE RATES WENT UP AS HIGH AS $600 PER ROOM NIGHT, ONCE THE BLOCK WAS FULL!). IT IS THEREFORE VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU BOOK YOUR ROOMS ASAP. VISIT THE ACCOMMODATIONS LINK IN THE RIGHT-HAND TOOLBAR FOR DETAILED INFORMATION AND HOW TO BOOK YOUR ROOM(S).
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE 2017 DIRECTORS FORUM!
2017 Conference Rates
After not increasing our conference fees for the past two years, and in order to keep up with inflation as well as our increased costs to host this event, the Executive has decided to raise the per delegate rate by $60, from the 2015 and 2016 fees. The 2017 general registration rate for the Early Bird is $685 + HST per person. This is still an incredible value for the rate, which includes:
- Access to the welcome cocktail reception + one free drink ticket for the bar
- Access to the AGM and full conference (i.e., Friday a.m. to Sat. p.m.)
- 1/2 continuing education credit through CUDA - a $359 value on its own!
- Two hot breakfasts
- One hot lunch
- Three refreshment breaks
|Early Bird Rate||$685 + HST||April 1||July 31|
|Post-Early Bird Rate||$775 + HST||August 1||August 31|
|Late Rate||$825 + HST||Sept. 1||Sept. 21|
View a detailed list of rates and registration information for delegates, speakers, sponsors, and guests of Forum delegates here.
NOTE: The above fees do not include the Thursday evening Banquet Dinner and Fundraiser, which will be an additional $115 + HST. All proceeds from the dinner banquet will go to support the Co-operative Development Foundation (CDF). See detailed information on the Banquet & Fundraiser below!
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES SEPTEMBER 21, 2017.
2017 Forum Information
The Executive Committee is excited to announce that the "Healthy Credit Unions, Thriving Communities" conference will take place from Thursday, September 28th to Saturday, September 30th at the Courtyard by Marriott, Downtown Toronto!
The full day-and-a-half conference will include a variety of sessions designed to provide directors with tips, tools, connections and expertise to help strengthen their credit union or caisse populaire. The sessions will be presented in an array of formats, by guest speakers who are leading experts from within and outside of the credit union system.
After careful review of the feedback we received from last year's delegates, we were able to pinpoint a number of topics of relevance to directors. This year's sessions will include:
- Keynote Address: C1's Payment and Innovation Strategy Update
- Board Succession Strategies
- Case Studies in IT Governance* (offered as a 1/2 CE credit through CUDA)
- What Role Can Directors Play in Small-Medium Enterprise (SME) Succession?
- DNA Assessment: Trends & Implications
- Board Chairs' session - Chair Succession (Breakout)*
- Youth Directors' session - Credit Union DIrectors Under 40 Collaboration (Breakout)*
- DF Open Forum
- Highlights & Takeaways with Alisdair Smith
View the draft Conference Agenda, including more detailed information on the speakers and sessions here.
Check our our brand new teasers, available in both English and French in the Downloads sectio nof the right-hand toolbar! Please feel free to share this information with your directors!
The Executive Committee needs your help to make this event happen! Please visit the "2017 Partners and Partnership Opportunities" link in the "In This Section" of the right-hand toolbar, to learn how your investment can help us provide credit union and caisses populaires board directors with the knowledge and tools they need to strengthen the system!
2017 Banquet & Fundraiser
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER, AND DON'T MISS OUT ON BEING A PART OF THIS ONE-OF-A-KIND EVENT!
2017 DF Election
There are currently six directors on the DF Executive. There will be two seats up for election on the Executive Committee as of September 29, 2017. Dave Sitaram, who has dedicated 13 years of volunteer service, will be retiring from the Executive, and Kathy Stewart (Treasurer), whose term will be up, has confirmed that she will be running for re-election.
- Executive Committee members must have experience as a board director of a Canadian credit union or caisse populaire.
- All elections will be for a three-year term (with terms coming up for re-election on a staggered basis).
- Directors can serve a maximum of three consecutive terms.
- Table Officer terms (i.e., Chair, Vice-Chair and Treasurer) are on a two-year basis to allow committee members experience in each of these areas. Exception: The Chair or Vice-Chair may serve for a maximum of two consecutive terms in their respective positions.
- Candidates being nominated prior to the AGM must be nominated by a Canadian credit union or caisse populaire.
- Nominations are allowed from the floor at the AGM, and must be made by a registered delegate.
Learn more about the Executive, election process and compensation here.
If you or someone you know is interested in running for the Executive, print, complete and return the nomination form available in the downloads section of the right-hand toolbar!