The strength of our Co-operative comes from the passion and diversity of our Members and Associate Members. Membership in the Ontario Co-operative Association includes credit unions, emerging, existing and expanding co-operatives, co-op and credit union federations and associations, sector stakeholders and co-op champions.
Your organization's name on our membership list shows your support of On Co-op and your commitment to a sustainable and growing co-operative movement in Ontario. Please contact us at the co-ordinates below to become a Member or Associate Member of On Co-op.
- DISCOUNTS: The 60+ dues-paying organizations that make up the On Co-op membership are entitled to discounts off On Co-op programs or services or additional value-added bonuses. Emerging and new co-operatives (0-5 years) are entitled to enhanced benefits as "Friends".
- INDIRECT MEMBERSHIP: If your co-operative or credit union's name is not on this list, your organzation is an indirect member. If your co-operative organization belongs to a federation or association which is a Voting Member of On Co-op, your co-op is considered to be a MOMO (Member of Member Organization) and your co-operative is entitled to a discounted "MOMO/Member of Member rate" for On Co-op programs or activities where indicated, and if your parent federation has granted approval for On Co-op member benefits to be passed along. See more information on MOMOs below.
- Ag Energy Co-operative
- Canadian Worker Co-operative Federation
- Canadian Alternative Investment Co-operative
- Central 1 Credit Union
- Conseil de la coopération de l'Ontario
- Co-op Cabs
- Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada - Ontario Region
- Co-operators Group Limited (The)
- CUMIS Group Limited (The)
- Gay Lea Foods Co-operative
- GROWMARK, Inc.
- Mountain Equipment Co-operative
- Ontario Natural Food Co-op
- Parent Co-operative Preschool Corporation (PCPC) and Hamilton Co-op Childcare Co-op
- Ys Owl MacLure
ASSOCIATE (NON-VOTING) MEMBERS:
- Agency for Co-op Housing (The)
- AGRIS Solar Co-operative
- Beef Farmers of Ontario
- Caisse populaire des Voyageurs
- Calculated Success
- CL Chamberlain Communication
- Common Ground Co-operative
- Community CarShare Co-op
- Community Energy Development Co-op
- Concentra Financial
- Creekside Senior Estates Co-operative
- Dandelion Health Food Co-operative
- Funeral Co-operative of Ottawa
- Garden City Food Co-op
- Homestarts Inc.
- Iler Campbell LLP, Barristers & Solicitors
- Kingston Community Credit Union
- Lerners LLP
- Lind Design
- Meridian Credit Union
- Niagara Peninsula Homes
- Northumberland Community Power Association
- North Central Co-operative
- Ontario Credit Union Foundation
- Ontario Property Management Group
- Options for Homes Non-Profit Corporation
- Partners Indemnity Insurance Brokers (Burlington)
- PACE Credit Union
- PARO Centre for Women's Enterprise
- Prentice Yates & Clark Chartered Accountants
- Rhythm Communications
- RZCD Law Firm
- Team Werks Co-op
- Windsor Family Credit Union
Friends - Organizations
- Civic York Co-op (Working Group)
- Conscious Minds Co-op (Working Group)
- Cannabis Cultivation Co-operative
- London Brewing Co-op
- Organic Meadow Co-operative
- Mustard Seed Co-operative (The)
- Kincardine Ladies Fitness Co-operative
Friends - Individuals
- Rejikumar Padmalayam Bhargavan
- Vito Scurderi
- Joan Brady
- Sherylann Barrington
* Ontario Co-operative Association Inc. is a co-operative, formed in 2002 under Ontario's Co-operative Corporations Act. Under the Act, our "members" are comprised of those in the Voting Members category. Together, our Voting Members and Associate Members comprise the 'membership.'
MOMOs: MEMBER OF MEMBER OWNERS
If your organization's name does not appear on the list of members above, you are considered a MOMO, or an indirect member. (You do not pay dues to On Co-op.) If your co-operative is a member of a federation or association which is a Voting Member of On Co-op (what On Co-op calls a MOMO: member of member organization), your co-op may also qualifiy for a discounted price on admission to On Co-op events or the purchase of some products and services. (Note that this discounted rate may be less than that offered to direct On Co-op members. MOMO status is only granted to co-operatives.)
We welcome your MOMO organization to join with us as a Member or Associate Member!
Only direct dues-paying Voting Member (i.e. not MOMOs or Associate Members) may participate in the democratic process, which includes voting on resolutions at On Co-op member meetings, submitting a candidate for election to the On Co-op board of directors or voting in elections. MOMO status is granted only to co-operative organizations. Individual members (i.e. customers) are not entitled to the "MOMO or member rate". However, individuals may join On Co-op as Friends with all of the rights, benefits and privileges of that membership category.
Examples of MOMOs -
(1) Central 1 is the On Co-op Voting Member. Alterna Savings and Credit Union is a member of Central 1, and therefore is a MOMO of On Co-op. The individual members (customers) of Alterna are not MOMOs.
(2) GROWMARK Inc is the On Co-op Voting Member. North Wellington Co-operative Services is a member of GROWMARK, and therefore North Welllington is the MOMO. However, North Wellington's members (customers) are not MOMOs.
(3) CHF Canada, Ontario Region (Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada) is the On Co-op Voting Member. The housing co-operatives which belong to CHF in Ontario, and the regional housing federations are considered MOMOs. However, the families & residents which belong to the housing co-ops are not MOMOs.
Examples of Federations or Associations which are part of the On Co-op membership: Central 1 Credit Union, Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada, GROWMARK, Canadian Worker Co-op Federation, PCPC & Hamilton Council childcare federations