Co-ops Are Cool!
Want to find out more about the great things co-ops do?
Did you know that mornings are 28% more chipper because of co-ops? Or that co-ops make the world smell nicer? For more quirky, interesting facts about co-ops, check out our Co-ops Are Cool webpages, created and generously donated to On Co-op by The Co-operators.
FIND A CO-OP IN YOUR COMMUNITY
EASILY LOCATE AN ONTARIO CO-OPERATIVE, CREDIT UNION OR CAISSE POPULAIRE.
On Co-op maintains a listing of all 1300 of Ontario's co-ops so anyone can find a co-op and/or a product or service provided bya local co-op. Search by keyword, category/type or location.
To start, click on the photo, or use the permanent "Find a Co-op" link at the bottom right of all our website pages.
Co-op FACTSheets now available!
Discover our online and print library of quick-reference materials about co-op sectors, best practices, legislation, and structure. We have a suite of more than 30 brief, easy to read, useful FactSheets.
Click HERE to browse the library.
New Co-operatives in Ontario
Provincewide, people continue to choose co-operative enterprises. They choose co-ops because we are values-based, accountable, and community-oriented. On average, 25-30 co-ops are incorporated annually in Ontario.
Here are some of Ontario`s co-ops incorporated in 2015
- Pape Co-operative Development Corp
- Dryden Senior Co-operative Housing
- The West Village Community Development Co-op
- St. James Town Community Co-op
- Georgian Bay Agricultural Co-op
- Trillium Solar Power Co-op
- Akajou Co-op
- Sunvie Renewable Energy Co-op
- North Perth Community Ag Power Co-op
- Shaws Creek Farm Co-op
- Code Studio Co-op
- Renewal Sun Energy Co-op
- The Farmers Community Co-op
- The Barn Co-op Network
- Art District Co-op Gallery
- Research Education Design Development Innovation Co-op
- Co-operative of Specialty Community Legal Clinics of Ontario
- Kawartha Works Community Co-op
Check out their listings on the Co-operative Directory: http://www.ontario.coop/find_a_coop
Aug 30, 2015 - New tools and techniques for co-op financing, with special emphasis on "bootstrapping" and alternative sources of funding for minimizing start-up costs.